FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jane Howard, Executive Director
Gilroy Welcome Center
Celebrate Gilroy Restaurant Week: January 14-28
January 4, 2018 (Gilroy, CA): As part of California Restaurant Month in January, the Gilroy Welcome Center and Gilroy Chamber of Commerce are teaming up with local restaurants to host “Gilroy Restaurant Week” from January 14-28. During this special promotion, 15 participating restaurants will feature a “Taste of Garlic” in a range of creative and delicious dishes.
As an extra bonus, anyone who samples at least five of the “Taste of Garlic” dishes between January 14-28 will receive a free Gilroy gift—and be entered in a raffle to win a $500 gift card to Gilroy Premium Outlets or $500 in gift certificates to local restaurants.
Jane Howard, Executive Director of the Gilroy Welcome Center, said, “People all over the country know about the Gilroy Garlic Festival in July—but many don’t realize they can get delicious garlic dishes here all year long. We’re thrilled to be part of this statewide celebration of great food, and to have the opportunity to partner with so many wonderful local restaurants. We encourage residents to sample as many dishes as they can during this special promotion. It’s a great excuse to try something new—and celebrate all the good things that garlic brings to our community!”
There are two ways to participate in the Gilroy Restaurant Week “Taste of Garlic” contest for the chance to win a $500 prize. You can pick up a “Taste of Garlic” ticket at the Gilroy Welcome Center or print one out at GilroyRestaurantWeek.com, then get the card stamped at each restaurant you visit. Or, if you’re plugged into social media, you can simply post photos of yourself enjoying the different dishes with hashtags #visitgilroy, #tasteofgarlic, #grw on Facebook or Instagram.
Once you’ve tried five or more dishes, bring your stamped ticket or your cell phone and come into the Gilroy Welcome Center (located at Gilroy Premium Outlets near Forever 21) to pick up your free gift and enter the raffle to win a $500 gift card to Gilroy Premium Outlets or $500 in gift certificates to local restaurants.
Gilroy Restaurant Week participating restaurants and “Taste of Garlic” dishes include:
- Café Thyme: Roasted Rack of Lamb with Garlic and Peppercorn Red Wine Sauce with White Bean Puree
- Café 152 Bread Company: Café 152 Club (Served on Garlic Rosemary Sourdough with Roasted Garlic Chipotle Aioli)
- Café 152 Burger Company: The Big Roy Burger/Garlic Fries
- Claddagh Restaurant and Pub: Garlic Mushrooms and Artichoke Hearts and Garlic Fries
- Fifth Street Coffee: Garlic Ice Cream
- Garlic City Casino & Restaurant: Garlic Fettucine Alfredo with Chicken or Shrimp
- Ginger Café: Roasted Garlic and Basil Fish Filet
- Little India: Garlic Naan
- Mama Mia’s: Garlic Festival Penne Con Pesto
- The Milias: Halibut in Garlic White Wine Sauce and Honey Garlic Salmon
- Mimi’s Café: Coastal Shrimp Pasta
- Hong’s: Garlic Fish, Garlic City Roll
- Old City Hall: Gilroy Roasted Garlic
- Pineapple Village: Gilroy Chicken, Garlic Calamari, Garlic Eggplant, Fisherman’s Prawns with Roasted Garlic
- Victoria’s Mexican Restaurant: Gilroy Garlic Shrimp
To download your “Taste of Garlic” ticket and find additional information, go to GilroyRestaurantWeek.com.