Gilroy, California has a thriving arts scene and several wonderful entertainment venues. Plan a trip to Gilroy to discover high-quality theatrical and live musical performances that will make you laugh, cry…and possibly dance in the street. Whether you are a local or visitor, you’ll find something to spark your creative interest in Gilroy!
Live Theater in Gilroy
- Limelight Actors Theater: Limelight Actors Theater has been entertaining audiences since 2011 with a variety of performances that include comedies, dramas, musicals, and more. In 2021-2022, they are introducing a new “thrust” seating arrangement, with tables very close to three sides of the stage. The unique set-up also includes dining at your table throughout the performance, with a fun “Bring Your Own Dinner & Wine” option (with a corkage fee). You can also purchase snacks or drinks form their full bar. Limelight Actors Theater holds shows inside the Gilroy Center for the Arts in downtown Gilroy. For tickets and information on COVID-19 protocols, go to Limelight Theater.
- Pintello Comedy Theater: This local group of talented actors loves to make you laugh! Come out to a show and enjoy some in-person, hilarious entertainment that has been keeping audiences in stitches since 2003. Shows are held at the Gilroy Grange Hall at 8191 Swanston Lane. For tickets and information on COVID-19 protocols, please visit Pintello Comedy Theater.
Movies & Films in Gilroy
- CineLux Gilroy Café & Lounge: If you are looking to sit back and relax with a movie, visit the recently remodeled CineLux theater at 6851 Monterey Rd, which includes a café and lounge along with comfortable recliner seating. Pick a movie, grab your popcorn, drinks, and treats, and relax! Check out what’s playing at Cinelux Theatre Gilroy.
- Poppy Jasper International Film Festival: Each year in the spring, the Poppy Jasper International Film Festival screens independent films from all over the world. Organized by a dedicated group of local volunteers and film-lovers, PJIFF will host its 16th annual film festival in 2022, with submissions from over 30 countries. They were named in 2021 as one of Movie Makers Magazines Top 50 Festivals Worth the Entry Fee. Learn more about the them at their website Poppy Jasper International Film Festival.
Live Music in Gilroy
- South Valley Symphony: This non-profit volunteer organization, currently in its 48th season, strives to provide orchestral opportunities, education, enjoyment, and enrichment for the local community. Concerts are free for kids and students! Please check the website at South Valley Symphony for scheduled performances and locations.
- Music at the Wineries: Many of our local wineries offer live music—and some have regular music series all year long. Check out the Visit Gilroy Events Calendar to see what band or artist you can enjoy while sipping some wine and hanging out with family and friends.
- Downtown Live Music Series: On Thursday evenings during the summer, join family and friends in downtown Gilroy to enjoy live music, dancing, amazing food, and other activities. For the Downtown Live Music Series, a portion of the street is closed for people to bring chairs to sit and listen or dance up front to the performing bands. Attendance is FREE. You can grab food from a local restaurant or a variety of food trucks. There are also other vendors and kid-friendly activities.
Other Entertainment in Gilroy
Check the Visit Gilroy Events Calendar to learn more about these special events that feature live entertainment:
- Gourmet Alley Events (year-round): Enjoy fun pop-up shops and food trucks along with live music and other entertainment.
- Downtown Gilroy Wine Stroll: spring event
- Downtown Gilroy Beer Crawl: fall event (Halloween costumes are optional)
- Downtown Holiday Parade
Find More to Explore in Gilroy
In addition to great entertainment options, you’ll find lots more to do in Gilroy, California! For inspiration, check our list of 33 Things to Do in Gilroy and Great Gilroy Getaways trip itineraries. Book a budget-friendly hotel room so you can stay a night or two and try even more wineries in Gilroy.
When you visit, be sure to stop by the California Welcome Center Gilroy. Our friendly staff can help you pick the perfect place to eat and find other fun places to explore. We also have unique gifts and souvenirs of your trip to Gilroy and the Golden State.
Read More: Check out our companion blog, The Arts Are Alive in Gilroy: A Guide to Gilroy’s Art Galleries, Murals, and More.