Gilroy is part of the historic Santa Clara Valley, one of California’s oldest wine growing regions and home to more than 30 family-owned wineries and tasting rooms. Even though some of Gilroy’s wineries have been around since the turn of the century, we are still one of California’s best-kept secrets when it comes to wine tasting!
Just follow the wayfinding signs along the Santa Clara Valley Wine Trail to discover award-winning wines, stunning vineyard views, and a casual, relaxed atmosphere that makes wine tasting fun—not intimidating. Feel free to ask questions, as the person pouring your wine may very well be the vintner himself (or herself)!
Download the Wine Trail Map and start planning your own tasting tour today!
INSIDER’S TIP: Stop by the California Welcome Center Gilroy to pick up coupons for free tastings at selected local wineries.
Alara Cellars is now open at The Stomping Ground—the Bay Area’s new wine destination.
Open Saturdays & Sundays: 12:00–5:00 PM
Aver Family Vineyards - where friends become family
- Family and Pet friendly
- Open for tasting every Friday - Sunday, 12PM - 5PM
- Pickup weekdays Tues- Thursday
- Purchase wine anytime in our online wine shop
Our tasting room is conveniently located right off the 101 Freeway in Gilroy. Come visit and enjoy great wine and great hospitality in the unique setting of the Cellar Doors at the Stomping Ground. First of its kind, the Cellar doors offers a chance to visit up to four wineries in one location.
- Visit our tasting room Saturday & Sunday from 12:00pm to 5:00pm
Casa de Fruta – A unique wine tasting destination located in the beautiful Santa Clara Valley right off of Pacheco Pass Highway. Come enjoy exceptional wine, delicious food and gorgeous scenery.
- Family friendly venue
- Open for complimentary tastings daily
- Gourmet Fruit & Varietal wines
- Wine club members enjoy 25% discount on wines
- Monday-Thursday, 9AM - 5:00PM and Friday-Sunday, 8:30AM - 6:30PM
Now open for tastings the 1st and 3rd weekend of each month from 12:00–5:00 pm
Open Tuesdays through Sundays:
Tues-Thu: 12PM - 6PM
Fri-Sat: 12PM - 7PM
Sun: 12PM - 6PM
Open daily, 11:30AM - 4:30PM
Weekdays: 12pm - 5pm
Weekends: 11am - 5pm
Wine tasting: Saturday & Sunday 11am - 5pm (every third and forth weekend) and by appointment.
We are just a short drive from the heart of the Silicon Valley at the southern end of Santa Clara County. Our location offers the ultimate day trip for just about anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area, whether you are up the Peninsula or vacationing in Carmel. Come check us out! Opened Friday - Sunday from 11AM - 4:30PM
- Open Saturday and Sunday for tastings, 12pm to 5pm
- Tasting at Fernwood Cellars’ “Creekside Grove”: Picnic & Sip in the redwoods and enjoy our one-of-a-kind spectacular creekside location at historic Redwood Retreat.
- Wedding Venue for your Special Day: “Imagine I DO” at Fernwood Cellars in The Grove of Redwood Retreat! #14 on “25 of the Bay Area’s Most Stunning Wedding Venues”.
- Estate Suite available for possible overnight accommodation.
Tuesday - Thursday, 10am - 5pm
Friday - Sunday, 11am - 5pm
Closed on Mondays.
Open daily, 10am - 5pm
Open the 3rd weekend of every month from 12PM - 5PM.
Open on Saturdays and Sundays from 12pm–6pm.
Open daily, 10am - 5pm
Open Thursday - Monday from 12PM - 5PM
Open Wednesday - Sunday, 11am - 7pm
Open Saturday and Sunday, 11AM - 4PM and by appointment.
Open 1st and 3rd weekend of every month, Friday - Sunday from 12pm-4pm. Weekend tasting by appointment only.
Tastings are Saturday & Sundays from 12pm – 5pm.
Tuesday-Sunday, 12pm - 5pm
Open 1st and 3rd weekend of the month, 12pm - 5pm.
Open weekends for tastings and tours from 12pm - 5pm, and by appointment.
Open every Saturday for wine tasting from 12PM to 5PM
Also available for Private Events and Tasting by appointment.
Tasting room is open Wednesday - Sunday, 11AM - 4PM
Open Saturday and Sunday, 12pm-5pm