This is a delicious, light and easy stuffed mushroom caps dinner recipe that you will want to make over and over again! The whole family will fall in love with this vegetarian stuffed mushroom recipe, even your picky eaters. The flavors and texture of these stuffed baby bellas are mouth-watering, with a unique addition to the stuffing – pine nuts! Visit Gilroy is celebrating Garlic Month in honor of the Gilroy Garlic Festival this month from home, and this easy stuffed mushroom recipe will blow your mind!
To get things started on this delicious stuffed mushroom recipe, we’ll get all the prep done. Turn your oven on for “bake” at 350 degrees. Wash your mushrooms with a damp paper towel so they don’t soak up too much water and cut out the stems, then set them aside. Pull out a large tray, cover it in foil, lightly drizzle it with olive oil and put your bellas on it. Set aside.
Next you’ll very finely chop your onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic.
Slice your tomatoes and sprinkle some salt and pepper on top of them. Then set aside.
Now grab a medium-sized non-stick pan, and drizzle the olive oil over the pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, throw in your onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic and let it cook for about 4-5 minutes or until you see the garlic and onion turning a caramel color. Add in a few shakes of salt and pepper as well!
Next you’ll throw in the pine nuts and cooked brown rice, then stir them in with the veggies for another 2-4 minutes or until the pine nuts start getting some color.
Add in your salt and bread crumbs. Then sprinkle in some parmesan cheese and stir for another minute before you start to stuff your bellas! Pull the oven tray next to your pan with the stuffing and grab a small spoon to transfer the stuffing.
Once all your bellas are stuffed, top them off with your tomatoes and sprinkle a little pile of parmesan cheese on top. Pop them in the oven for 20 minutes and serve immediately!
This light lunch recipe idea keeps my head spinning! There are endless ways to add or substitute the ingredients to this easy stuffed mushroom cap recipe. Whether it’s a hot summer day or a cool autumn evening, this delicious mushroom recipe will be your family’s new favorite recipe. Pair the stuffed mushrooms with a homemade salad and chicken breast or potato salad. Get creative with it, and make sure to tag Visit Gilroy when you give it a try!
Garlic Stuffed Baby Bellas Mushroom Recipe (Serves 3-4 people)
- 8 oz Baby Bella Crimini Brown Whole Mushrooms
- 4 small heirloom tomatoes (when shopping for your tomatoes, know that when sliced they should fit evenly on top of your baby bellas)
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup raw pine nuts
- ⅓ tablespoon salt
- ⅓ red onion
- ⅓ bell pepper
- 1 celery stalk
- ¼ cup of cooked brown rice
- Set your oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash your mushrooms with a damp paper towel (so they don’t soak up too much water) and cut out the stems, then set them aside.
- Pull out a large tray, cover it in foil, lightly drizzle it with your olive oil and put your bellas on it. Set aside.
- Finely chop your onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic.
- Slice your tomatoes and sprinkle some salt and pepper on top of them, then set aside.
- Pull out a medium sized non stick pan. Drizzle the rest of your olive oil over the pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, throw in your onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic. Let it cook for about 4-5 minutes or until you see the garlic and onion turning a caramel color.
- Toss in the pine nuts with the veggies. Cook for another 2-4 minutes or until they start turning a light summer tan color.
- Add in your salt, bread crumbs and sprinkle in some parmesan cheese. Stir for another minute before turning off the heat.
- Pull your tray next to your pan with the stuffing and use a small spoon to transfer the stuffing to the bellas.
- Stuff all of your bellas to the very top, then top them off with your tomatoes and sprinkle a little pile of parmesan cheese on top.
- Pop your bellas in the oven for 20 minutes, let them cool for about 5 minutes and serve immediately!