Inspired by Kathryn Walker Airoldi, an Incredible Cook, Mother and Realtor
Every home most likely has olive oil, but if you’re looking to level up and make your own homemade roasted garlic olive oil, you’ve come to the right place! Since Gilroy is the Garlic Capital of the World, we figured it’s only necessary to share a kitchen-staple item! We use only the best, Christopher Garlic, for this recipe. If you love making homemade meals for the family, we promise this roasted garlic olive oil will be used on a regular basis. Whether you are planning on making roasted garlic olive oil dip, roasted garlic olive oil sauce, roasted garlic olive oil bread dip, roasted garlic olive oil pasta, roasted garlic spread, roasted garlic dipping sauce or a roasted garlic pizza sauce, this olive oil is versatile for it all! Hint: this will be delicious with our Pepper Steak Sandwich recipe!
Cooking Tips and Comments
First you’ll turn your oven on to bake at 400 degrees. Grab 2 full bulbs of garlic, peel away the papery outer layer of the bulb and cut the top ¼ off of the garlic bulb to expose the cloves of garlic.
Put the garlic on top of a piece of foil big enough to completely wrap the full bulb with. Before wrapping it up, drizzle two tablespoons of olive oil on top and all around the bulb (make sure it gets in all the individual cloves and the outside of the bulb). Wrap your piece of fresh rosemary around the garlic and wrap the foil all around it.
Add it in the oven once it’s at 400 degrees, and set your timer for 40 minutes. Be prepared for your whole house and front-yard to smell like roasted garlic!
Once the garlic bulbs are done, unwrap the foils and let them cool.
While your garlic is cooling, grab your mason jar and add in the Herbs de Provence, Chili Flakes and Rosemary from the garlic bulbs. Once the garlic is cooled, simply squeeze all the cloves out into the mason jar.
Eyeball the olive oil added on your own, since the amount you’ll pour depends on how much space the garlic cloves, herbs and chili flakes take up in the mason jar! For this recipe, we used half Italian Herb Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and regular Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Use this incredibly delicious Homemade Roasted Garlic Olive Oil on chicken, garlic bread, to saute veggies or even avocado toast! Make sure to take photos when you try out the recipe and tag Visit Gilroy when you do!
Homemade Roasted Garlic Olive Oil Recipe
- 8 oz Mason Jar (with lid)
- 2 Bulbs of Garlic
- ½ tablespoon Chili Flakes
- ½ tablespoon Herbs de Provence
- Extra Virgin (high grade) Olive Oil
- 2 Fresh Stems of Rosemary
- Turn your oven on Bake at 400 degrees
- Pull the papery outer layers off of your garlic bulbs, and cut the top ¼ inch – ½ inch off the top (exposing the tops of the cloves)
- Pull big enough pieces of foil for you to wrap the entire bulb of garlic easily and set them side-by-side on an oven tray. Set your garlic bulbs on top of the foil, exposed-clove-side up.
- Drizzle about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil on each bulb of garlic, and make sure to get it on the outside of the bulb as well.
- Wrap the rosemary around the bulb and wrap the foil nice and tight around the bulb and rosemary!
- Pop your garlic bulbs in the oven and turn the timer on for 40 minutes.
- Once the garlic is done, open the foil and let it cool. Then hold the garlic bulb in your hand and pop out all of the cloves into your mason jar.
- Next you’ll add in your chili flakes, rosemary that had cooked with the garlic bulbs, Herbs de Provence and olive oil.
- Eyeball the olive oil on your own. You’ll know how much to pour depending on how much space is left inside the mason jar.
- Feel free to enjoy right away, or stock up so you have multiple in the cupboard!