Inspired by Robert Airoldi: Editor of Gilroy and Morgan Hill Life News Source, Italian by Nature, Gilroy and Morgan Hill Local by Day
When it comes to the best garlic bread you’ve ever had, the Garlic Capital of the World, Gilroy, California, does not mess around! This delicious and tasty garlic bread recipe will easily be your new go to recipe when family is visiting or for a delicious home cooked meal side dish. Even though Garlic Month is over, we celebrate Garlic year long here in Gilroy! We’re always inspired by the Garlic Festival, so we’re sharing some of our favorite home cooking ideas with you!
Trust us when we say garlic bread from scratch is one of the best things in the world, we should know! This recipe calls for a couple different seasonings, fresh Parsley, Parmesan cheese, salted butter, roasted garlic and french bread. Overall it’ll only take about 10-15 minutes to make, including prep time and will serve 4-5 people!
There’s something different about the taste of butter when you melt it down over the stove rather than in the microwave. So first you’ll want to grab a pan to melt down your butter. The heat should be on low so the butter only melts and doesn’t bubble up.
While you’re waiting for the butter to melt, grab your loaf of bread and slice it in half. Also mince your fresh Parsley and set aside. Then turn your oven on Broil setting “high”. After the butter has melted down, grab a large spoon and drizzle it all over the bread.
Next, you’ll take your roasted garlic and spread it all over the buttery bread.
After the roasted garlic has been added, you’ll add your seasonings, Parmesan cheese and minced Parsley! We used Pizza Seasoning first, then some Andy’s Rub, sprinkled the Parmesan cheese and topped it off with the parsley! Tip: Sprinkle the spices with your fingers so you have more control over how-much-goes-where!
*We have the Roasted Garlic Olive Oil in the basil pesto jar (reduce-reuse-recycle!).
Grab an oven pan, cover it with foil and put your delicious homemade garlic bread on it! Stick it in the oven and keep a close eye on it, it will only take about 3-5 minutes to cook!
Once you’ve taken it out of the oven, cut it up and serve immediately with the rest of your meal!
Garlic Bread Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of Minced Fresh Parsley
- ⅓ cup of Parmesan Cheese
- ⅓ stick of Salted Butter
- 4 tablespoons Roasted Garlic
- 1 loaf of French Bread
- ½ tablespoon of Pizza Seasoning
- ½ tablespoon of Andy’s Rub
- Turn your oven on Broil at “High”
- Mince your fresh Parsley and set aside
- Pull a small, non-stick pan out and set the heat to low on your stove-top. Melt your butter down without letting it bubble up.
- While your butter is melting, cut your bread in half. Pull out an oven tray, wrap it with foil and set your bread on it.
- Grab a large spoon and drizzle your melted butter all over the bread
- Next, smear your roasted garlic all over the bread
- Sprinkle the Parmesan Cheese, Pizza Seasoning and Andy’s rub next
- Last but not least, sprinkle your Parsley all over the top!
- Pop in the oven and watch it very closely, it will only need 3-5 minutes tops
- Cut into the desired pieces and serve immediately!