Whether you are planning to bring your dog along on a west coast road trip or a quick weekend getaway, you will find plenty of dog-friendly places to stay in Gilroy, California. And you will also find lots of fun for your four-legged friends while you’re here! Check out our other blogs to learn more about Stay Happy: A Guide to Dog-Friendly Restaurants and Wineries in Gilroy – Visit Gilroy and Stay Happy: A Guide to Dog-Friendly Hiking Trails and Parks in Gilroy – Visit Gilroy.
Best Places to Stay Overnight in Gilroy with a Dog
One the most stressful aspects about traveling with your dog is figuring out where to stay. Luckily, Gilroy is in a central location and offers a variety of options for staying with your dog while visiting. Do you want to stay in a traditional hotel? Are you on a budget? Does your family travel by RV? Don’t worry…Gilroy’s got something for everyone!
For more information about any of these properties, check the Hotels and RV Parks & Campgrounds pages on the Visit Gilroy website.
Dog-Friendly Hotels in Gilroy
- The Best Western Plus Forest Park Inn welcomes dogs. They have a limited number of designated pet rooms, so be sure to check ahead of time to see if one is available and reserve it right away. They allow up to two dogs per room, and the fee is $20 per pet per night. There are no size/weight limits. They have a maximum stay of five days for guests staying with pets. The Best Western Plus is located conveniently just off Highway 101 at 375 Leavesley Rd. in Gilroy. 408-848-5144
- Hilton Garden Inn allows two dogs for a nonrefundable fee of $50 for the first four nights and one-time additional fee of $75 for 5 or more nights. They have a good number of rooms available, and the Hilton is located conveniently near the Gilroy Sports Park, with plenty of room for your dog to run and play and or for you to walk your dog on the paved path. The Hilton is located at 6070 Monterey Rd. 408-840-7000
- Motel 6 in Gilroy also allows dogs, and they charge no additional fees. They do have a maximum of two dogs per room, but there are no restrictions on size/weight or length of stay. They also do not want dogs left alone in the room. Motel 6 is just off the freeway on the south end of town, across the road from the expansive, dog-friendly Gilroy Sports Park. It is located at 6110 Monterey Rd. 408-842-6061
- Quality Inn in Gilroy does allow dogs, but they need to be under 30 pounds. They charge $20 per pet per night. There is no maximum stay. They are located just off Highway 101 at 8430 Murray Ave. 408-847-5500
Dog-Friendly RV Parks in Gilroy
- Gilroy Garlic USA RV Park welcomes guests with dogs. Their only requirements are that you pick up after your dog and keep them on a leash. No aggressive dogs are allowed. Gilroy Garlic USA RV Park is located at 650 Holloway Rd. 408-848-8081.
- Betabel RV Park welcomes visitors with dogs. In fact, they have more guests with dogs than they do without. They even have a large, enclosed dog park where you can allow your dog to run around off-leash. There is also a shaded bench to rest on in warmer weather, and they offer water and waste bags nearby. Note: If you are traveling with a Rottweiler, Doberman, or Pit Bull breed, you will have to sign a liability waiver. Betabel is located off Highway 101 about seven miles south of Gilroy at 9664 Betabel Rd., San Juan Bautista, CA 95046. 831-623-2202.
- Casa de Fruta RV Park is dog-friendly and conveniently located just off Highway 152, Pacheco Pass Highway, about 10 miles outside of Gilroy. They do charge a one-time $3 registration fee per dog when you stay with them. They are located at 10031 Pacheco Pass Highway, CA 95023. 408-842-9316.
Wherever you choose to stay or visit in Gilroy, you will find many places that welcome dogs. Just remember common courtesy rules. Keep dogs on a leash where required. Pick up after your dog. Be sure that they are not destructive to any property or disruptive to other guests staying near you. Also be sure to check with your destinations before travel, as policies and conditions are subject to change. Traveling with your dog in Gilroy can be enjoyable for all!
Be sure to stop by the California Welcome Center Gilroy in the Gilroy Premium Outlets, near Forever 21, to find maps, brochures, and everything you need to plan your great Gilroy getaway. While you are here, pick up fun souvenirs of your trip to Gilroy and the Golden State. Learn more at VisitGilroy.com.